Next Volunteer Orientation Class:
Saturday, August 10th 9:00am
Saturday, August 31st 9:00am
If you want to make a big difference in the lives of our bully residents, there are many ways you can get involved. We need volunteers for everything from walking dogs to helping at adoption events! With over 40 dogs at our facility, volunteers play a huge role in enriching the lives of the dogs sheltered at FBR.
Age Requirements: If you are between the ages 6 and 17 years old you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian at all times and both the parents and children must attend the orientation together. No children under the age of 4 are allowed to participate in volunteering. Parents/legal guardians will sign a minor consent form the morning of the orientation.
If you are a minor, and will be attending the orientation with your parent or legal guardian, please fill out this application:
>>Minor Volunteer Application<<
Please also have your adult or legal guardian fill out the “Adult Volunteer Application” at the link at the top of the page. BOTH applications must be filled out in order to accept the Minor Application.
Space is limited for our orientation classes! Reserve your spot by filling out our Online Volunteer Application above. Once your application is accepted, you will receive a response which includes more detailed instructions for the day of the orientation.
Volunteers work includes but is not limited to:
- Walking and Playing with the dogs (they need it, plus it’s just plain fun!) Help train the dogs (leash training, basic manners, tricks)
- Help clean the facility (help us continue to keep a clean and healthy environment)
- Help with handy-work around the rescue (something always needs fixing!)
- Gardening and help keeing the grounds tidy (shows a friendly place for when hopeful forever families come to visit)
- Helping at adoption and fundraiser events
Interested in getting your company or group involved?
We host corporate volunteer days too! PG&E, Atena, Target, FedEx, DSW & Wathen Castanos are just some of the companies that have already participated! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Matthew Decker: Matthew@fresnobullyrescue.org
Information Regarding Court-Ordered Community Service
All court-ordered community service must be arranged in advance by contacting our volunteer coordinator at Matthew@fresnobullyrescue.org
- FBR will not accept persons for our community service program who have been convicted/charged with:
- Class A, B or C felonies
- Sexually based offenses of any kind (rape, attempted rape, sexual battery, child abuse, lewd conduct, etc.), whether domestic or otherwise, felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Violent offenses of any kind (assault, battery, domestic abuse, corporal injury, etc.), whether domestic or otherwise, felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Crimes Against Children of any kind, whether domestic or otherwise, felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Theft and/or burglary offenses of any kind (petty theft, residential/business burglary, auto theft, etc.), whether felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Financial or personal identity crimes of any kind (embezzlement, fraud, credit card fraud, etc.), whether felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Animal cruelty, neglect, failure to care and/or abandonment, whether felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Arson of any kind, whether felony, misdemeanor or infraction
- Firearms or weapon offenses of any kind (weapons trafficking, assault with a deadly weapon, etc.), whether domestic or otherwise, felony or misdemeanor
- Drug trafficking offenses
- FBR will not accept persons who are required to register with any State in the United States or any City or County thereof as a sex offender.FBR reserves the right to question any applicant for our community service program regarding their criminal history (including convictions and charges), incarceration history, and/or current/pending charges.FBR reserves the right to deny any applicant for our community service program without explanation.